Tuesday 16 July 2013

The Finished Dire Avengers

I had quite a productive weekend painting, in between sitting out enjoying this heatwave here in the UK! Heres the finished unit and a more detailed 'how to' below.


Note most of the citadel colours I'm using are from the 'old' set, as they run out I'm replacing them with the current paints.

The models were undercoated with Humrol matt grey
The blue was painted first with Citadel Blue Wash 
A thick line was painted around each armour plate in Enchanted Blue
A finer line was painted with a 50:50 mix of Enchanted Blue and Ice Blue
A final fine line was applied to only the uppermost areas of Ice Blue.

Guns are painted with a base coat of Karak Stone this is highlighted up first by adding Bleached Bone then up to a very fine line of skull white.

Gems are painted using crescent shapes with Mechrite Red, Blood Red, Fiery Orange, Sunburst Yellow and Skull White reflections.

Below is a side profile so you can see the plumes more clearly. 


Oh and yes I painted the base edges Goblin Green, I was feeling nostalgic painting Iyanden Eldar, I have fond memories of the 1st plastic guardian squad being proudly advertised in White Dwarf's from the early '90s painted in the Iyanden colours and couldn't help myself.

1 comment: